Social Media Part 1: Is Your Business on Facebook? Why It Should Be!
The first in our series of social media posts, we’ll take a look at Facebook and what it can do for your business. If you choose to get your message out on Facebook, it can quickly help spread your brand and your business into the front of current and potential customers’ computer screens. There are a few different ways to connect to prospects on Facebook including Fan Pages, Groups, Advertising and Applications. For this story, we’ll take a look at Fan Pages.
Facebook has more than 250 million active users; 120 million are using Facebook every day. What a great way to reach a huge amount of business prospects!
Facebook Fan Pages are for a business to create its own public profile on Facebook. Why not make a regular profile page? Facebook frowns on businesses using a standard profile page and they could delete your account.
Some advantages of a Fan Pages are:
– It is visible to people who are not registered on Facebook, unlike a standard page.
– Because the Fan Pages are visible to anyone on the Internet, they are also indexed by Google and become searchable on the Internet.
– Fan Pages can have unlimited friends, unlike a profile page that will max out at 5,000 fans.
– Your Fan Page can spread virally. Once someone becomes a “fan,” it shows up on their profile that “Jane Doe has become a fan of XYZ Company.” That will allow Jane Doe’s friends to check out the Fan Page.
– If you have a blog, you can link it to your Fan Page so that each new blog entry will show up in your Fans’ newsfeeds.
– You can send a bulk update out to fans.
– Make your page more interactive with Events, Discussion Boards, Notes, Photos, Videos and Client Reviews.